Monday, June 14, 2010

Single Family

Tonight, Jason and I are going to look at two single-family homes for rent. One is ridiculously adorable and also expensive. The other one might be doable. Its curb appeal isn't as high, but I think I could begin to remedy that pretty quickly with some nice plants under the front windows.

Ever since we started looking at more places last week, the idea of living in our own home has appealed to me to a ridiculous degree. With real estate what it is, I don't feel the urge to own a house. Plus, I like knowing that if something goes wrong, the landlord is just a phone call away. We pay our rent and everything gets taken care of. Except for one notable exception near Wrigley Field in Chicago, I've generally had pretty great landlords/ladies.

But to have our very own place with our own yard... It just sounds lovely.

This will take some serious review of our budget and our spending to determine if it's even feasible. Because even the doable one is more than we're paying in rent right now. Is it the right decision? We shall see.

I'm very excited.

No comments: