THIS year I was going to take pictures of my Farm Share every week to show you all how awesome it is. Last year I missed some weeks and then kind of petered out, but THIS year was going to be different.
Then we decided to move.
I did take a picture last week, but it was only of half of the Farm Share because I had already used the other half to make us dinner salads. But posting the picture would involve actually finding my memory card reader, which I have a sneaking suspicion I threw in a box labeled "Misc." last night.
(You know those Misc. boxes. They're the ones that get all the detritus left over after you finish packing up the rest of the room. As my assistant just said, those boxes are like Christmas when you get to the new place. Who knows what's inside?!)
So anyway, Farm Share Week 3 consisted of another lettuce as big as my head, scallions, beets, and mesclun mix. I feel like there was something else, but I can't remember what...
Farm Share Week 4 (which I picked up last night and just threw in the fridge when I got home from madly running errands) has TWO head-size lettuces, pattypan squash, summer squash and sugar snap peas.
Also, in home gardening news, I have one tomato, one zucchini, one cucumber and one pepper plant that are all thriving. I planted them in containers, then put them outside, so they are fully portable to the new place. They love being outside in the fresh air and sun. I haven't even had to water them yet since we've been getting so much rain. All of the plants have blossoms and the pepper plant has 2 baby peppers on it. So exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment