Today we went over to the new house and signed the lease, then went through all the rooms putting yellow post-its on the stuff we want them to leave in the house. It was like shopping for furniture, but without paying thousands of dollars for the chairs, dining table, beds, dressers, side tables, lamps, nightstands and rugs. Because of some of the landlady's things we'll be using, we can actually let go of our older, more run down stuff. Which means less to move now and also less to move whenever we do leave this little house.
The landlady also alleviated my one fear about the place - that I wouldn't be able to garden. She has a gardener who does all her landscaping so I felt like it might mess things up if I, say, planted the dahlia bulbs I bought last week. Well, tonight she made an offhand remark about how we should feel free to plant things if we want to. Yay!
Then her husband asked if we wanted to use the gas grill his son is using right now, but which will be homeless as of September. Yes, please.
As if to emphasize how fantastic this choice of ours is, a big chunk of paint fell from the bedroom ceiling this morning and every night this week the bass has been thumping from upstairs.
So, yeah, good choice.
4 comments:
I feel bad for your landlord having to find new tenants for your apt (she'll have to get rid of the dudes upstairs, I'm certain), but so excited for your new digs!! PS..Have you told the landlord yet? I feel there will be whining, and wailing and knashing of teeth on their part!
Wow, the signs and protents are very promising!!
Good choice!
So happy for you!
T-K
That's great she'll let you plant flowers; and even better that you get to keep the furniture you want to keep and have them remove what you don't! I've never heard of that before - awesome!!! What a blessing!
This is so exciting! Yay for a new place. :)
Post a Comment