Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Frenzy

When I first started this blog in Fall 2004, it was called "A Day In An Often Overwhelming Life", which kind of summed up the period I was in during my last year of law school when I had a full course load, worked 17 hours a week at one firm, interned about 10 hours a week at another firm, worked 2 Saturday mornings per month in the temple and tried to focus on my newly-discovered social life.

I also created the blog-associated frazzled.kelly at gmail email address, which has become my main email address because it's the one Jason uses to email me (because we met through the blog). I feel kind of silly giving that email address out now, but since Jason and I email each other 47,000 times a day, it would be too much trouble to switch back and forth between gmail accounts.

So I'm thinking it might be time to embrace the overwhelming and the frazzled again. My friend Rachel and I talked a bit ago about scheduling a Christmas baking day. I just reviewed my schedule to give her the days and times I have available, and what with work and Young Womens and doing a couple of holiday-themed things with Jason, these are literally the only days and times I have free between now and when we leave for Christmas in Chicago:

Evening of Friday, December 3
Evening of Thursday, December 16
Saturday, December 18 after 11 AM
Sunday, December 19 after 1 PM
Evening of Monday, December 20

That's it. Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed by your holiday schedule?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your December pain. That's what pushed me a few years ago to stop traveling at Christmas. By the time Christmas rolled around, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep in. I explained this to my parents, and they understood that it'd be better to have me visit at some other time of year when I was not exhausted. Another perk is that the office tends to be pretty empty the last week of December, so it's easy to get a lot done when no one is around.

My goal for December is always just to make it through. Good luck with all of the insanity!

Cambria said...

My schedule gets pretty hairy too at this time of the year. I have two sets of in-laws and I have to figure out how to split time with them for the holidays, plus work, school, shopping, Christmas knitting (you'd think I would learn to start earlier), baking for the holidays, etc. Crazy!

Joe and Joanne said...

Yes, indeed.

I was just saying to my co-worker this morning that I didn't know if I had time to even BREATHE. (I hold my breath when I'm stressed. It's a subconscious thing, and certainly the OPPOSITE of what I should be doing when stressed...but there you have it).

In other words: Count me in on the "frazzled" club!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear everything is so crazy for you right now. If it's any consolation, I'm totally jealous of your Christmas in Chicago plans. Must email you my hands-down fave restaurant in Lincoln Park.